I’ve been trying to think what I got out of going to see World War Z. Trying to decide if it was a bad movie, or just…a movie. It was no Avengers, that’s for sure, or Hobbit, or iron Man.
But somethings I can be decisive about:
1) I can now officially say I’ve gone to the movie theatre to see a zombie apocalypse movie, so that’s crossed off the list of pop culture things to do.
2) There is the certain knowledge that I would never survive a zombie apocalypse. Let’s face it, I’m no Brad Pitt.
3) I had a chance to hold my wonderful hubby’s hand for two hours. Crushingly, poor guy. He’s still flexing it experimentally a week later.
4) renewed certainty that I am emphatically a rom-com kind of girl. Well leaving aside both the Marvel Universe and Middle Earth, that is, and even more so if both parties involved in the rom-com are men. Give me Shelter!
5) And I now have about zillion more reasons to keep looking over my shoulder and to turn on lights before I go into any room.
6) and finally, proof that the allure of Brad Pitt is still a mystery to me. I will take a stern and aged Will Smith over unnaturally young-looking family guy Brad any day of the week.
|Not that I think Brad is a bad actor. I think he’s a pretty decent actor. I just don’t get all the hoopla is all.|
All in all, The best part of the evening for me was spending it with hubs and having fun hanging out. I didn’t hate the movie. I didn’t love the movie. Given the choice of another zombie apocalypse or Iron Man? Or maybe Fili and Kili? I’ll take a Tony Stark marathon, thanks, topped off by a helping of dwarves and hobbits before I venture into another zombie-fest.
In the mean time, there is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3T-evQZiQo